Women’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy Group
The adult groups includes learning how to decrease life interfering behaviors, mindfulness skills, emotions regulations, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, how to do chain analysis, and validation skills.
This group is effective for adult women who find it difficult to manage emotions, experience intense pain or anger, struggle to maintain relationships, fear rejection and abandonment, self injure, suicidal thoughts, feeling empty and searching to find “self.”
The Women’s DBT Group is 24 weeks. You may join the group at different intervals and stay until you have completed a 24-week period to learn all of the skills. Typically women complete their first set of 24 weeks and stay to really begin to practice and fine tune the skills being taught.
NEXT GROUP BEGINS: MONDAYS in 2017, October 2, November 27
FROM 6 PM – 7:30 PM WEEKLY
Register Online Complete Group Intake Forms
Who can benefit from DBT
- Adults who have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.
- And adults who struggle with:
- Eating Disorder
- Substance use
- Post traumatic stress
- Self injurious behaviors
- Chronic suicidal thoughts
- Multiple suicide attempts
- Difficulty regulating emotions (including chronic moodiness or extreme reactivity and sensitivity to environmental triggers)
- Chaotic relationships (with peers and adults)
- Sense of emptiness and confusion about self, emotions, and behaviors of others
Through individual therapy, skills groups and coaching, our DBT program helps participants learn to become more mindful of their feelings, thoughts and behaviors; regulate their emotions and become more resilient; manage distress and increase impulse control; improve relationships and self-respect; and balance acceptance and change.