S.A.F.E. Focus® – S.A.F.E. ALTERNATIVES® Program
The purpose of S.A.F.E. ALTERNATIVES® S.A.F.E. Focus® is to provide a structured group for those who self injure and desire to change that behavior. Exercises and assignments, focusing on basic principles of the S.A.F.E. ALTERNATIVES® philosophy, will help participants identify and express their feelings appropriately and to decrease or eliminate the impulses to self injure. This program meets weekly for 12 weeks, 2 hours per week (participants may attend additional 12 week sessions with approval from the group facilitator).
S.A.F.E. ALTERNATIVES® Philosophy:
- There is only pain, not relief, with self-injury. Self-injury negatively affects all aspects of a person’s life: physical, mental, emotional and social.
- There is no compromise with self-injury. The goal is complete abstinence.
- Self-injury is a choice, and therefore each person is capable of making different and better choices.
- Because injuring is a choice…only the one who injures can keep themselves safe.
S.A.F.E. Focus® Group Goals:
- To increase the awareness of destructive behaviors
- To increase the awareness of the consequences of destructive behaviors
- To increase the awareness of feelings
- To learn to identify feelings
- To learn to tolerate feelings
- To learn constructive techniques to verbalize and process feelings
- To apply these constructive coping techniques to daily living
S.A.F.E. Focus® Group is Now Forming
If you are interesting in being a part of the group, please register today. You will be contacted later with the details of dates and times