AFBHS is an In-Network provider for several insurance plans and EAP’s:
- Anthem EAP
- ASR Health Benefits/Physicians Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Carebridge EAP
- Cigna (out of network rate only)
- Meridian Health Plan (formerly Michigan Health Plan – Medicaid)
- Meritain Health
- Priority Health and Priority Health (also Medicaid)
- Value Options
- Help Net EAP
- Encompass EAP
- Ulliance EAP
- Plus other insurance companies and EAP’s
- If you are a member of the military, I am registered with Give An Hour (GAH)
See your therapist’s individual page to view list of insurances they accept.
Some insurance plans will cover “Out of-Network” providers. Insurance companies are billed for your convenience (simply verify your benefits and coverage with your insurance carrier).
If you decide to use your insurance benefits for “behavioral or mental health,” contact your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- Do I have outpatient mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible to meet for in or out of network benefits?
If yes, how much is your total deductible?
If yes, how much of the deductible has been met?
- Can I be seen by a LLMSW, LMSW, TLLP, LLP, LLPC, LPC, LLMFT, LMFT, or PhD?
- Does my insurance allow supervision by a PhD or LMSW?
- Is my therapist in or out of network?
If my therapist is out of network, what will my insurance cover for out of network services?
- How many visits am I allowed per year?
If there a limit on visits, how many have I used already?
- What is my policy plan year (i.e., January to January or September to September)?
- Do I need a referral or authorization in order to be seen for therapy or testing?
- Will my insurance cover individual and group therapy are on the same day?
- What is my copay amount per session?
Individual therapy sessions rage from $140-$190
Group sessions are $50 (1-hour) and $75 (1.5-hour) per session.