7/9/20 COVID-19 Update
AFBHS has reopened our physical offices in Grand Rapids and Holland with a number of safety measures in mind to keep our staff and our clients protected. We will continue to provide telehealth for our individual and group sessions to safely meet the needs of our clients while we integrate more in-person sessions by client request on a therapist to therapist basis. Please understand that as we slowly transition back to the office, in-person session availability is still limited and group sessions will remain virtual.
We ask that our clients:
- Stay in their vehicle upon arrival for curbside check-in
- Cooperate with temperature monitoring and pre-screening
- Wear a mask while sitting in the lobby
- Wash and/or sanitize hands before coming back for a session
- Follow new enter and exit arrows for safe traffic throughout the office
Our office is taking the following precautions to protect our staff and patients:
- Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy/testing rooms have been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Staff are pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms daily.
- Staff will wear masks in all shared spaces and sometimes in sessions.
- Staff maintains safe distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy/testing rooms, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
- Clipboards, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas and high touch surfaces are thoroughly disinfected twice a day.
- Staff offices are sanitized after each client and staff will wash or sanitize hands in between clients as well.
- Staff will wear a shield and gloves when documents are exchanged between client and staff at the check-in window.
- The building is professionally cleaned once a week.
- The lobby, conference room and all offices will have HEPA filtered air purifiers running during the day.
3/16/20 COVID-19 Update:
Currently, all sessions and groups are via video!
As you all are well aware, the cases of COVID-19 have increased in this country and is changing rapidly. As we continue learning more about this virus, AFBHS is heeding the advice of the Kent County Health Department, Center for Disease Control, and other health organizations and performing additional disinfecting of the office.
We do not want to cause or add to any panic. However, because of the level of activity in our office, it is important we take the reasonable recommended steps to limit exposure or opportunity to spread the virus. In addition to those steps we have elected to take further action and consider recommendations from the APA (American Psychological Association).
While we continue to remain calm, in addition to disinfecting, we are taking the following steps:
In addition to these things, we ask of you a few things:
Additional information regarding COVID-19 may be found on the following websites:
We will continue to keep you posted if there are any additional changes as this issue evolves. Thank you all in advance for understanding and helping us do our part to limit the spread of the virus.
If you have concerns, please feel free to discuss with your clinician.